Sport Adventure Leveled Up
What’s New In 2022
– New Wolverine RMAX model
2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport
Starts @ $22,600
- Upgraded Fox suspension
- Beadlock wheels
- Best in class 13.8″ ground clearance
- GBC Terra Master Tires: 30″, 10 ply, asymmetrical tire design
- Aggressive sport styling
New sport tuned suspension featuring independent double wishbone Fox 2.0 shocks set with a taut, sporty feel and increased high-speed bottoming resistance.
Shocks have low and high speed compression adjustability plus preload adjustability.
Owners get optimal performance without sacrificing low speed comfort.
- Front Suspension: Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar, FOX 2.0 piggyback shocks with pre-load, high/low speed compression adjustability; 14.2″ travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double wishbone, FOX 2.0 piggyback shocks with pre-load, high/low speed compression adjustability; 16.9″ travel
Yamaha boasts that the Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport has best in class 13.8″ of ground clearance.
New Beadlock Wheels
New for 2022, Yamaha has added beadlock wheels to the RMAX lineup.
Factory installed 14″ beadlock wheels reduce the risk of a tire dismount due to low pressure allowing you to lower your tire pressure as conditions warrant.
But, not only do beadlocks improve safety and functionality, they also look sharp. The coordinating Yamaha blue on these wheels really turn up the style on the Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport.
When riding in sand, mud or rock crawling, it’s a common practice to lower the tire pressure to get more surface contact and improve traction.
However, since tire pressure is what keeps the tire secure on the rim, any lowering of the air pressure could cause the tire to slip on the rim or even come off.
This is where beadlocks come into play, they secure the tire to the rim regardless of pressure. You can lower your tire pressure without losing security.
GBC Terra Master Tires
30″ GBC tires are 10 ply rated for better durability and puncture resistance.
Asymmetrical tire design has two different tread configurations that can be changed by flipping the tire.
- Side A (stock setup) is for soft to intermediate terrain. This set up has a larger void ratio with horizontal lugs for increasing forward acceleration plus enhanced braking.
- Side B is for intermediate to hard terrain. This setup has a smaller void ratio with circumferential grooves for improved grip in the corners and a greater contact patch.
All four tires are the same size, so only one size spare tire is required.
3 D Mode Throttle
Chip controlled power delivery using a 3 position selectable D-mode setting.
- Sport Mode: Powerful acceleration, quick throttle response, smooth engine braking. Ideal for aggressive riding and sand.
- Trail Mode: Smooth acceleration, linear throttle response, full engine braking. Use for trail riding.
- Crawl Mode: Smooth acceleration, moderate throttle response, full engine braking. Setting for slow technical sections.
Aggressive Sport Styling
Body is Team Yamaha Blue with matching beadlock wheels complimented by dark blue graphics.
Plush, custom cut and sew seating in blue with black trim rounds out the sport package.
Slim, angled marker lights and LED headlights that seamlessly blend into the background create a good looking sleek front end.
A multi-piece front bumper round out the aggressive sporty look of the Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport.
Aggressive tires complete the look of this SxS that’s ready to get you where you want to go in style and comfort.
Cockpit features an interior light package that includes blue LED switches, blue-backlit meter plus floor lights and console lighting for a sharp coordinated look.
- Doors feature snap-out speaker panels, pre-wired for an audio kit with Plug and Play wiring
- Integrated winch plate
- Tilting cargo bed with hydraulic assist
- 63% wider door than previous Wolverine models for easier entry and exit
- Wide bolstering on the seats
- Extra leg room for larger occupants
- Increased driver’s seat adjustability compared to previous Wolverine models
- Easy to adjust six-position seat belt
- Tilt steering wheel with 17 degrees of adjustment
- New adjustable passenger handhold
- Sealed 2.7 liter center console and sealed 5.5 liter glove box
- Center console cubbies, plus driver and passenger storage shelves with rubber mats
- 2 cup holders
|Model||Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport|
|Colors:||Team Yamaha Blue|
|Engine:||999cc liquid cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve|
|Drive:||On-Command 3-way locking differential; 2WD/4WD, full diff-lock 4WD|
|Transmission:||Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R|
|Front:||Independent double wishbone with anti-sway bar, FOX® 2.0 piggyback shocks with pre-load, high/low speed compression adjustability; 14.2" travel|
|Rear:||Independent double wishbone, FOX® 2.0 piggyback shocks with pre-load, high/low speed compression adjustability; 16.9" travel|
|Tires:||30" GBC Terra Master (10 ply)|
|Overall Dimensions (L x W x H):||119.3" x 66.1" x 77.8"|
|Bed Capacity:||600 lbs|
|Towing Capacity:||2,000 lbs|
|Gas Capacity:||9.2 gallons|