- Trail System: The Mounds
- Trail Miles: 9.5 trail miles, 230 riding acres
- Riding Fees:
- Daily Pass: $15 per vehicle ·
- Genesee County Resident: $10 daily per vehicle ·
- Seasonal Pass: $70 per vehicle ·
- Genesee County Resident Seasonal Pass: $40 per vehicle
- Michigan ORV Sticker: $26.25 (required, can be purchase onsite)
- The Mounds Open: Year round (limited riding in winter)
- Closest Town: Mt. Morris MI
- Vehicles Allowed: ATV, dirt bikes, buggies, ORV, Jeeps, 4×4 trucks
From remote ATV Trails In Upper Michigan to Silver Lake State Park, Michigan has no shortage of great ORV riding opportunities. Looking for even more adventure? Maybe it’s time to add The Mounds to your ultimate Michigan ATV ride list.
Managed by Genesee County in Michigan, this off road park has something for everyone.
Located on 300 acres with 230 acres of it open to off roading, this park is an epic riding destination.
Whether you’re looking for some family friendly fun or an ass kicking adventure, The Mounds has you covered.
Approximately 1/3 of the trail miles are open to full sized vehicles, but the remaining 2/3 are only for quads, ATVs and dirt bikes.
Riders will enjoy plenty of mudding with 15 + mud holes of varying sizes scattered throughout the park.
An additional 14 open pit riding areas are also available for a fun challenge and the opportunity to mix it up.
If you’re looking to kick it up even more, challenge yourself on one of the technical rock obstacles routes.
Whether you have a stock vehicle or a heavily modified vehicle, you’re sure to find both fun and challenging routes.
MORE GEARS. MORE FEARS. MORE TEARS.
Just be sure you know what you’re getting into, remember, their catch phrase is “Making grown men cry since 1971” .
All trails in The Mounds are open to two way traffic, so stay alert.
Open Year Round
The Mounds is open year round, but with limited access during the winter.
From March 15 – May 15 , only the 8 acre scramble area is open to ATVs, UTV and dirt bikes. Full sized vehicles are not allowed in the park during this two month Spring season.
Full riding for all vehicles starts on May 16th.
The Mounds Website (Map, Rules, Camping)
Wolverine Campground / The Mounds Camping
- Camping Fees: $30 – $39 (2 vehicles per site, extra vehicles are $8 a day)
- Campground Open: April 29 – October 24
- Camping Reservations Accepted: Yes
- Number of Sites: 200
- Hookups: 30 / 50 amp, water
- Lake front camping
- Onsite registration
- Fill station
- Dump station
- Shower house
- Group camping
- Boat launch (permit required)
- Swim beach
- Horseshoe pit
- Walking trails
There is no ride in ride out camping available at The Mounds.
The closest campground is the Wolverine Campground which is 7.5 miles to The Mounds.
Unfortunately, only street legal vehicles can ride in ride out from the campground, all other vehicles need to be towed.
Only two vehicles are allowed per site, extra vehicles cost $8 a day.
This is a managed campground with onsite employees. Check in time is 3:00 – Sunset.
Genesee County Residents and Seniors can get a $2 discount for camping fees. Seniors must call in advance to get the discount.
- State of MI ORV permit and a Mounds permit are both required
- Helmets required (unless vehicle has a roof or roll bars)
- Eye protection required (unless vehicle has a windshield)
- Spark arrester is required
- Noise limit of 94 decibels
- No riding is allowed in the protected wetlands
Children Under 16 Must:
- Take an approved ORV education course
- Carry an ORV safety certificate
- Have direct visual supervision by an adult at all times